Position: Chief Engineer
Brand Hydraulics, manufacturer of hydraulic valves and electronic controllers sold to distributers and OEM's worldwide, has an opening for the position of Chief Engineer in our Engineering Department. We manufacture hydraulic valves and electronic controllers built to specifically meet our customers' demands.
· Approve engineering changes to current parts.
· Ensure engineering changes are documented correctly and all affected departments are notified.
· Coordinate the implementation of design changes with purchasing and production to ensure inventory is used and allocated correctly.
· Work with production & machine shop to ensure that all products are being made and tested correctly.
· Seek out new customers and applications for our products.
· Design and price new products to meet customer's specific needs.
· Oversee all design related processes, including but not limited to: the initial design criteria, product design, design documentation, testing, design verification, educating personal about new designs, design implementation, and design validation.
· Issue new part numbers to manufactured products and finished goods.
· Train distributors on our products. Travel to customer locations to trouble shoot systems, design valve packages for new applications.
· Distribute engineering workload to available personal to get work done as efficiently as possible.
· As an ISO 9001:2015 company, it is important to follow & improve internal processes to ensure proper conformance to established policies and procedures and support our ISO quality system by assisting in the maintenance and development of quality system documentation
Education & Experience:
· BSME or equivalent degree
· Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and exercise good judgment.
· Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
· Must have a good understanding of drafting and machining principals.
· Must be able to communicate with customers and have a basic knowledge of mechanical applications.
Brand Hydraulics offers:
· Paid Vacations
· Paid Holidays
· Health Insurance
· 401K Plan
· Supplemental Insurance
· Casual work atmosphere